If you produce video-related content then you know how frustrating and hard it is to use advanced software like Adobe Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve, I was also in the same position as you when I started producing videos for my YouTube channel but then I came across this tool called Wave.video.
It is a beginner-friendly and easy-to-use tool that was available as a Lifetime Deal on AppSumo so we purchased it for producing video content for both our personal and professional brands. Hence today I am going to share with you my honest review of Wave.video, what are the advantages and disadvantages of this tool so that you can decide whether you should buy it or not.
So without taking much more time, let's start it.
Wave.video is an all-in-one video marketing suite that comes with various types of tools that include a Live Streaming Studio, Video Editor, Thumbnail Maker, Video Hosting, Video Recording, and Stock Library so that you don't have to purchase any other tool to fulfill any task related to video production needs. It is a well-crafted tool and has in-depth documentation on its official site to help you utilize the tool to its maximum potential.
It was founded by Dmitry Skavish in 2017, who is also the current Co-founder and CEO of the company. It's Headquarter is situated in the USA (Boston, Massachusetts) but they also have another office in Lviv, Ukraine. As of now, they are 11-50 employees who are working in this company. They created Wave.video with the motive to help video content creators to produce stunning content easily and they are still trying to improve it.
Before creating Wave.video Dmitry worked for many different big companies and one of them is Harvard Management Company, He worked there back in 2006 as a Software Architect. He also created a software called Animantron in 2011 before Wave.video which is available even today, and its purpose is to create high-quality animated videos.
So we have discussed what can we do with this tool, now let's see what are the main features of it.
Online Video Editor
Wave.video allows you to edit and create stunning videos for your landing pages, YouTube channel, and more. You can upload your video and combine it with stock videos and images available inside the built- in-library or add transitions, auto-caption, animations, and stickers for giving it a professional look. It also has a dedicated YouTube channel where they publish video tutorials related to dedicated features just to help you to use their tool properly, in case you don't want to read their documentation and finding an easy way to solve your problems.
Now you don't have to look for another tool for creating a perfect thumbnail for your social media videos. As it already provides ready-to-use attractive thumbnails and graphics which you can adjust as per your needs to align with your brand.
Reliable Video Recording
With this feature, you can record your video directly from your PC which will get automatically saved in Wave.video. By recording the video I mean that you can invite guests for your podcasts to take their interviews or you can also record your screen and create step-by-step how-to guides for your product. As the video will be saved in Wave.video, you can easily trim the unnecessary parts from it.
It is one of the best features till now they added, it allows you to stream live videos on multiple social media channels without any hassle and provides you the option to use different camera angles as it gives a professional look that keeps your audience engaged.
In fact, it does not end here as it also allows you directly engage with your audience live using an adjustable chat box by replying to their questions and clarifying their doubts. You can even invite guests to your live show and ask questions on behalf of your audience.
Secure and Stable Video Hosting
Besides the live streaming feature Wave.video also gives you the ability to host your video in other words you don't have to wander for other services to host your videos as this tool provides that feature as well, you can easily host your video in Wave.video without any issue and can embed it anywhere you want like on a video landing page, blog post, and more.
The best thing is that it provides you with the option to customize your video in a way that can portray your brand, like adjusting the color, selecting the best frame for your video as a thumbnail, and more, it gives you all this option to provide a better user experience.
Built-In Stock Library
It comes with millions of creative videos, images, and thousands of royalty-free music. You can say that it is a gold mine for video creators as they have all the things they need to create a perfect video. You can also create faceless videos just by using your voice and free stock videos from its built-in library to create an awesome video if you are a camera-shy person.
If you would ask me what I like the most in the stock library then I will be biased toward its royalty-free music as a YouTuber, I can't use any music without a license otherwise will receive a copyright claim although the YouTube music library has much free music but most of them doesn't match my needs that's why I am very obsessed with its music.
Based on the information on their site it is a freemium tool but if you are not satisfied with its free features then it provides three different premium plans which you can buy based on your needs as of January 2023.
- Streamer: The streamer plan costs $16 per month only if you buy the annual plan, otherwise it costs $20 per month, it comes with many features which include 4 hours of live streaming, 30 GB video hosting, 2 million stock assets, and templates, as well as no watermarks.
- Creator: The creator plan costs $24 per month if you buy the annual plan otherwise it costs $30 per month, it also provides the same features as the streamer plan but the limits are different such as advanced video editor, 4 hours of live streaming, 30 GB video hosting, 200 million stock assets, and templates, no watermarks, as well as background removal.
- Business: This plan is for business owners and it costs $48 per month, if you buy the annual plan, otherwise it costs $60 per month, it also has the same set of features but the limits are different such as advanced video editor, 12 hours live streaming, 500 GB video hosting, 200 million stock assets and templates, no watermarks, (and) background removal.
- Ease of Use: Wave.video is so easy to use when it comes to editing videos that even a rookie can use it to edit his videos like a pro as its UI is very simple and it provides a very smooth experience while editing, You can easily understand how to use it just by watching tutorial videos on YouTube as I myself used it for lots of my projects, you can even add your custom brand logo, animation, transition and many more
- Community Support: It has a Facebook community with thousands of members always ready and active to help you no matter what the issue is if you want you can directly contact their support team through their official site it all depends on you.
- All-in-One Solution: You might have used many different tools for your video production needs but this tool is a single solution that consists of so many different tools from video editing to video hosting, it offers almost everything a creator needs.
- Digital Assets: There are hundreds of professional-looking images, videos, and thousands of royalty-free music that Wave.video is providing so that you don't have to purchase any of them from sites like Shutter Stock to avoid copyright issues.
- Not Many Features in Mobile App: Yes! Wave.video also has a mobile app but only on iOS but the Android app is not available yet, it also lacks many functionalities, and only allows you to upload your videos or photos from your phone. So they need to think about it as it is the era of short videos people don't have time to open their computer just to edit a one-minute video.
- Trimming Audio and Video Together: Most of the Wave.video users are facing this problem including me that we cannot lock audio and video together when recorded individually so that we can trim them together. Hence we have to trim video and audio one by one which is a major issue that they should resolve as soon as possible.
- Watermark in Free Editing: If you edit a video using their free plan then in that video you will have Wave.video's watermark, it would be great if they will decrease the editing limit or just place ads in their platform only for free users so that those who don't have enough money to purchase the paid plan can also utilize it properly. As it doesn't look good when you get a watermark in your video.
InVideo is a powerful video marketing tool that is used by millions of people all over the globe. It comes with thousands of professional-looking pre-made templates that can be used to create stunning social media posts. It even allows you to create videos using AI by converting text into video.
Lastly, In this article, I have tried my best to cover all ins and outs of Wave.video from its introduction to the conclusion, I started the article by telling you what this tool is all about, and what are its features and ended it by telling how it can help you to build a better social presence.
I also mentioned what I found positive in this tool and what are things Wave.video team should consider working on, And I hope that if you were confused about whether to buy this tool or not then after reading my review it might become easier for you to make the decision.
If yes then consider sharing it with your creator community and colleagues who you think need to read this article before making any decision. And also feel free to ask any question you have, we will try to answer as soon as possible.